It’s been two weeks since Origins Magpie had a whirlwind of a time, and we wanted to look back on some of the awesome games and events we’ve had! We had a blast running a smorgasbord of games! We had playtests, conversations, demos, and just plain awesome one-shots. The games we ran included:
- Bluebeard’s Bride, a horror game based on the fairy tale Bluebeard, in which a young bride explores Bluebeard’s mansion and uses its contents to decide if she’s made a terrible mistake in her choice of husband.
- Cartel, a game about people hopelessly tied to the world of the cartels in Durango, Mexico. Based on a combination of Breaking Bad, El Mariachi, The Departed, and more. (The ashcan is still available!)
- Epyllion, a game of young dragons saving, protecting, and serving Dragonia through the power of Moon Magic and friendship.
- Masks, a game of teen superheroes, finding your own identity, and robot dinosaurs. The robot dinosaurs are important.
- Urban Shadows, a game of political urban fantasy and horror. Vampires and wizards and fae and mortals vie for power in modern cities.
- Zombie World, a game we’ve had in development for a bit now, and that’s real close to being finalized. It’s all about the zombie apocalypse, uses cards instead of dice, has random character generation mechanics, and a real tendency to bite.